- Tamago kake gohan — July, 2017
- A simple dish of egg and soy sauce stirred into hot rice.
- Crangeolli slush — July, 2017
- A frozen treat of makgeolli granita and cranberry shrub, tempered by ginger ale.
- Mac & cheese — July, 2017
- Mac from scratch, good for a filling meal or a hearty side.
- Dishes from China, to Japan and Korea, down to Southeast Asia, and over to the Indian subcontinent.
- Middle Eastern
- Dishes from the Middle East, North Africa, and parts of the Mediterranean.
- Slavic and Nordic
- Dishes from Slavic (Russia and Eastern Europe) and Nordic (Scandinavia, Greenland, and Iceland) countries.
- Dishes from Europe, the UK, and the Americas.
- Dishes to start a meal with.
- Dishes for serving alongside a main dish or dishes meant to be served in combination with many dishes as a main course.
- Dishes intended to be the heart of the meal.
- Sweet treats for the end of the meal.
- Condiments, ingredients, and bases
- Recipes for ingredients to be used in other dishes, from spice mixtures to pickles to mother sauces.
- Gluten-free foods
- Foods prepared without ingredients containing gluten.
- Raw foods
- Foods prepared with little to no heat, leaving ingredients largely intact.
- Slow foods
- Foods wherein time is an ingredient. Fermentation, drying, curing, etc.
- Vegan foods
- Foods made from plants, without using anything made of or by animals.
- Vegan (with simple substitutions)
- Dishes presented as non-vegan, but which are easily made vegan through a simple substitution.